The Carmel Valley Community Planning Board (CVCPB) has set Tuesday, March 9, 2010 for its annual Board member election. Carmel Valley and Pacific Highlands Ranch (PHR) residents are being encouraged to run for one of eight seats up for election on the Planning Board.
The CVCPB is a group of elected volunteers who meet monthly to review and to evaluate proposed development plans and issues affecting the entire Carmel Valley and Pacific Highlands Ranch communities. Serving in an advisory capacity, the CVCPB offers specific comments, recommendations and decisions to the City of San Diego’s Department of City Planning & Community Investment, Plarming Commission and City Council. The CVCPB has direct involvement with city, county and law enforcement agencies.
The following seats are up for election (neighborhood maps are located at the CVCPB website):
- Neighborhood 4/4A: Eastern Part of Carmel Valley, North of SR-56.
- Neighborhood 7: North of Del Mar Heights Road, between El Camino Real and Glencliff.
- Neighborhood 8: South of SR-56, immediately along the freeway.
- Neighborhood 8A & 8B: South of SR-56, adjacent to Torrey Hills (from Carmel Mtn, West).
- Neighborhood 9: South of Del Mar Heights Road, between El Camino Real and Carmel Country Rd.
- PHR District II: Northern part of PHR, mostly north of Del Mar Heights Rd and Carmel Valley Rd.
- Two Investor Seats: Individuals who are the sole or partial owner (or the owner’s designated representative) of real property of two or more acres within the community planning areas.
- One Business Seat: Individual who is an owner, operator, or designee of a local business with a valid business license operating at a nonresidential real property address in the community planning areas.
Residential seats are for people who are at least 18 years old, currently living in Carmel Valley or PER, and reside in the seat’s district. In order to be an eligible candidate in the March election, the candidate must declare his or her intention to run for the seat and must have attended two complete meetings of the CVCPB’s last 12 meetings prior to the March election. Remaining CVCPB meetings to meet the attendance requirement are on Tuesday, January 12th and Tuesday,
February 9th at 7:00 p.m. in the Carmel Valley Library Community Room.